Legacy Version Support and Update Policy
If you have any questions regarding the Legacy Version Support and Update Policy, please email us.
Zemax Software and Service Pack Releases
Zemax software evolves over time with each new release replacing the previous version. Zemax software releases are separated into two (2) distinct categories:
- Software Release – these releases are considered full-version releases and contain new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Service Packs – these releases are considered as supplemental and contain only bug fixes
Software and service pack releases occur throughout the year with announcements made online at Zemax.com.
Zemax Software Release Policy
As new versions of the software are released, older ones are phased out. Zemax provides download links to older versions and technical support for those versions for a limited time. While the following policies don’t represent a historical change, our
goal is to clearly define end of life support to assist customers in planning for the future. The following policies govern technical support for and availability of Zemax software releases.
- Availability of Software Releases: we provide access to previous releases of our software that are up to two (2) years old with respect to the current version. After two (2) years it will be removed from the website and will no
longer be provided.
- Availability of Service Pack Releases: all software bug fixes will be added to the next planned Service Pack release and will be made available for download from our website. Zemax will not provide additional Service Pack releases
once an updated version of the software is released.
- Technical Support for Software Releases: We will make every reasonable attempt to resolve installation issues with older software versions, but updating to the latest release may be required. Support will be provided on installation
issues provided the license has a current support agreement.
- License Support: A license is eligible to run any version of the program whose release date was during or prior to the license’s support period. A license that is eligible for a software release is not automatically eligible
for subsequent service pack releases. If you are unsure of your license support expiration, please email us.